Monday 13 May 2013

From Justin Bieber to Time for Sani2C

Well the day has nearly come, we leave for the Sani2c tomorrow morning, and start cycling on Wednesday and finish on Friday. Seems like there might be rain expected. Cold and rain...not very nice.

Last sunday evening we went to the Justin Bieber concert with the girls, really was good, the girls loved it ....

I must say it has been touch and go. We have been training since the beginning of the year, for me it was like starting all over again, my mind seemed to remember what it was like flying up hills, except my body was some where else. The early mornings became darker and darker, unit we really could not see where we where cycling. Adriaan, my cycling buddy, spent quite a lot of time patiently waiting for me during our training sessions. A bump in the road was when I had to start a cycle of treatment, as started getting flu at the same time. I think this was my worst two weeks. I guess all I was worried about, was not being able to train.

But fortunately I'm over that, and I guess I'm ready to go. I think I'm taking the scenic route this time around, want to spend time enjoying the environment and beauty of nature. We cycle through the most amazing forest hills, rivers and valleys. Will keep you posted .....

No comments:

Post a Comment