Thursday 8 March 2012

So it Starts...

My new room is much better the previous one, I have a view over the golf course. And for the first time saw a "midget", playing golf. The room is comfortable, I had been spending my time with emails etc. There is always some action, nurses, cleaning staff, etc. coming in and our of the room. I have got used to the drip in my arm, it was quite uncomfortable, but is much better.
The nurses need to take my vitals every 2 hours, through the night this is quite disturbing, so you don't really sleep through. I guess its like having a baby, although not half as demanding.

In the mornings I try to get into a routine, getup, get cleaned up, dress, then go to the office (check emails etc.) Then I try and do some exercises, there are some small weights int the room, try and do as much as I can, jog on the spot, etc...try get my heart rate up a little.

The last remnants of hair on head are falling out, so I'm thinking of shaving it off...will see. The chemo that I get in hospital also lets your hear fall out, so why fight the inevitable. I always wanted to shave my legs for cycling, perhaps this is an opportunity to do so......   ;-)

I started with my first chemo yesterday, and I start my next chemo session in an hours time. I have to suck ice doing the chemo, apparently this freezes the capillaries in your mouth, and stops the chemo from getting there. Normally the chemo effects you mouth quite badly, this seems to work very well.

So far I'm feeling pretty good! Thanks for your continued prayers and throughs...here as some pics of my room's view...





No comments:

Post a Comment