Friday 14 October 2011

Reality Sets In, also another Curve Ball

As I start my recovery at home, and then reality dawns, that we have not yet even started dealing with real cause of my illness. I have just merely had a operation to repair the damage that was done to my spine, now I have to get my mind around the reality of possible treatment and radiation.

At this stage, we are under the impression the disease was plasmacytoma, that only occurs in one place, and has not spread any where else.

While liaising with Doctors for a quick appointment with a Hematologist / Oncologist at Pretoria East Hospital, we get news of a bone marrow biopsy, that took 2 weeks to analyze  (which we had forgot about), showed indications of multiple myeloma. Although all reports that no other lesions where evident, it showed that there was activity.

I was quite shocked and emotional, as the disease was more progressed than what first indicated, albeit at the early stages.

1 comment: