Friday 23 September 2011

Friday was the day!

Friday at the office, I get a call from Yvette letting me know that I had been booked into hospital.
She had taken my x-rays to our local GP for comment, with an appointment she had for Chloe. When the GP saw the x-rays, she immediately called the Radiologist, who confirmed the severity of the situation. As stability in my spine was critical.

I immediately left the office and came home, packed my overnight bags, and was admitted to Unitas Hospital. For the next 4 days, I underwent various tests, including blood tests, mri, c-t scans, etc. The doctors also then confirmed the treatment options. The stability of the spine was the most crucial aspect, as it could collapse and damage the spinal chord.

The doctors confirmed, at that point in time that it was a plasmacytoma blood cancer which attacks bone, and had only occurred in one place. There was no other evidence of any other lesions. The treatment course was confirmed to remove the vertebrae and fuse my back. The operation was schedule for the following Friday. The doctors also confirmed that I would need radiation and possible therapy. But first the operation.

No comments:

Post a Comment