Saturday 24 September 2011

The Emotional Roller Coaster Ride

The curve ball! How did this happen? I'm so young (43), have so much more of life to live, so much more to give! Another 40 years + of life to go, had just grind to a halt! What now? I was faced with my own mortality. 

I found myself constantly listening to worship music on my iPod, seeking the Lords face, crying out to Him. I think the people in hospital though I had lost it, but I really need to connect with the Lord. His Word my comfort, my sure help in time of need. Scriptures that came to me, with new meaning! 

Music that really touched me, and kept me going was Jesus Culture, pure worship, keeping my mind focused. I felt that I didn't want any other external influences, I just wanted to connect with my Lord. I could not bear the thought of switching on the tv, it just felt like a waist of time, being distracted by the "things of world".

The strange thing was the peace I experienced, total peace, I knew no matter what happened, He was with me. The two concepts that came to me was "to Gods Glory" and "the extension of "His kingdom", I stood in anticipation that no matter what, God will get the Glory, and through the path I must walk, that His kingdom would be extended.

And through it all, there was a pillar of strength right next to me, Yvette. She stood by me, comforted me, held my hand, cried with me. I thank the Lord for her. 

1 comment:

  1. I am now a Jesus Culture fan! Unbelievable song! Prophetic words

    ReplyDelete