Tuesday 12 January 2021

Update

It’s been a while since my last up date. We moved into a new apartment, which is the nicest we have had before. I’ve been for my second treatment, we saw about a 20% improvement after the first treatment. The doctors said that they would get a good indication whether the treatment is working, after the 2nd treatment. The treatments are 21 days apart, which makes it very time consuming. We hope to come home after the 3 or 4 treatments. Israel is also in lock down, so all shops and restaurants are closed. We spend most of our time in our apartment. I hear COVID is really bad in SA at the moment, so please be safe.

2 comments:

  1. Charl, I spent some time today catching up on your blog. Oh my goodness what a journey you are on! Myeloma is so relentless, but you and Yvette are obviously strong and United as you battle on. I cannot imagine living in a foreign land, during Covid-19...but God! He is the sustainer of your faith and the One who holds you through it all. I will be praying for continued good lab results to show that your new treatment is working. You both look wonderful, but I’m sure the roller coaster makes you weary. Thankful you have each other, your family, your friends and most of all your faith. I miss EZ every day and am beyond proud of him for the battle he fought for 9 years. I see glimpses of him in our children and grandchildren and it blesses me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, so good hearing from you. I was wondering what happened. So sorry to hear about EZ, it must be difficult, but at least we know he is in a better place.As you mentioned, myeloma is an up and down journey, with surprises around every corner. I pray that the Lord gives you peace, beyond understanding. Blessings. Charl.

      Delete