Wednesday 18 December 2013

Blues Guitar Weekend

Recently I enjoyed a Blues Guitar Weekend Workshop with Dan Patlansky . This happened to be the weekend of my birthday. The workshop was held in the beautiful town of Clarens in the Free State. We spent the whole weekend talking about guitars, music and the blues. I must say I really learnt a lot, even though I have been playing guitar for some time. There is always some thing to learn. I met some great guys there, with common interest. Also amazing to see so many "Fender Strat's" in one place. Dan's has a 60's Strat, and also Glen! They must be worth a packet. 

Clarens was amazing, we had lunch in the village, it really has an nice atmosphere! 

View of Clarens

Dan Patlansky and I

Charl, Dan, Jo and Glen

On the last night we had a show, we all had to had to break into groups, we called our band "Whatever".. Was nice jamming with Dans Band ... (I think I need to get one of those...)



After all these years...."still got the blues".....

4 comments:

  1. It really is one of the most picture .As well as the look of Clarens, haven't been there before! Definitely on the list of places to visit :)
    info clarens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clarins is great, very art town, with great coffee shops, cold in winter

      Delete
  2. hello, I am John Tremblay and i live in Canada. I am very much crazy about Jazz,rock and metal song. I love to listen song most of my time. My hobby is playing guitar.
    Professionally, i am a business person. I have a Music Store in 240 boul. st-luc, Saint-Jean-Sur-Richelieu, J2W 1C2, QuƩbec, Canada. Here is my website: https://musiquedepot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for your response, applogies fotr the delay, i must have missed thos one. Guitar is great, I hvae just build a les paul off a kit. Would love to own a prs, they just too expensive with our exchange rate, 15/1, one of my dreams to go a Joe Bonamassa concert live šŸ˜€

      Delete