Sunday 29 April 2012

Bush Veld

Well, last week was hectic, as many of you know, we are trying to finish off the construction on our house. We where meant to move in at the end of this month, low and behold....
Well the pressure is on, and so it seems like everything happened at once! Balustrades, tiling, electrical, cupboards, cleaning, etc. I'm glad it's all coming together!

Was great to see Et, whocomae to visit on wednesday night. E'Gon and I had a great Jam session.

On thursday, amongst other things, I had an appointment with Dr T, my blood levels are looking good, with my platelets coming up from 30 to 50. I must say I can feel the difference .

We came through to Zebula for the long weekend, great to be in the bush again, would be nice if we could spend the whole year here! I guess hopeful wishes. Been able to start reading again, I must say all this time, I haven't really been able to read much, mostly emails, work stuff and the web. Started reading, or let's put is this way, continuing to read relentless by John Bevere, "the power you need to never give up". Really amazing book, I really must dig in and get it read. I started reading it before I was diagnosed, some how the Lord knew what I was going about to go through. One of the chapters relates to the life of Daniel, and how he shone out in the babylonian kingdom, and how we through Gods grace can also be extraordinary! One thing I realise is that the Lord has a purpose and plan for my life, for He gives and takes away.

Zebula has been great, the bush veld is wonderful, Chloe and I have played tennis, cycled, and even hit golf balls on the driving range. I'm try to take it slow, don't want to hurt my back. I have also realises how unfit I have become, Chloe cycled away from me today. This treatment really is hard on your system! My leg muscles and feet get very so

re and ache, I guess a combination of building up my leg strength and side effect of the treatment.

I'm still 'kaalkop' can't wait for my hair to start growing, else it's going to be a cold winter.

I really want to thank all have prayed for me and continue to pray for me, also those who have supported me over this time!

2 comments:

  1. Wow...building a new home, heading into the bush, cycling, golfing, tennis! That's trying to take it easy? You are doing amazing! Oh the power of prayer and determination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend, I've been meaning to contact you for ages so tonight I'm putting the other goodies aside and caught up with your blog. As usual, you an inspiration dude. Keep the faith brother! It's really really really really good to hear that your health is improving so much. I had to chuckle a little Charl... "I've decided to take it slow" hehe yea, I just did a bit of cycling, and a bit of golf... oh and a couple games of tennis... Not much activity really :) hehe. I believe I've told you this before but you rock dude.

    Know that Brooklyn and I are praying for you, and if I was still living in SA you know that we'd be jamming frequently! The frankenstrat is still going string on this side (the seymour duncan's they make her biiiig...). I've got a few windsurfing vids that you can check out sometime if you're a little bored :)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CBRSupafly?feature=mhee

    ReplyDelete