Wednesday 1 February 2012

Stem Cell Harvesting - Some Good News

On Tuesday we had our Family meeting with Dr T, which really marks the kick off for my stem cell transplant. The Meeting was to discuss the procedure and process over the next two months. The Stem Cell transplant consists of a harvesting process and then later a the transplant process. I start with the harvesting regimen next week Tuesday. All in indications was that I would be hospitalised for next 2 weeks. So here is the good news, I don't have to be in hospital for this. What a relief! I'll go to the doctors rooms for chemo, and will have injections at home, but will have to see the doctor for regular checkup's. The actual harvest will be on the 21st Feb. I'm off for 2 weeks. Then on the 6th March I'll have to go to hospital for 2-3 weeks for the actual transplant. The big thing with hospitalisation is isolation from infection and bacteria, so the biggest challenge is going to be solitude. I'll be taking my laptop, books, etc to keep myself busy, also planning to take my guitar, so I can brush up! Dr T has also confirmed my current levels as being normal, which is fantastic, showing that the treatment is working, my m protein is 2, which has come down from 4. I really trust and pray for complete healing and recovery, and know that though Him, who is able, all things are possible!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Charl. We have been keeping up to date with your progress through your Mum and Dad.
    We just want to let you know that we are thinking about you, Yvette and the Girls, and want to send you love and best wishes for the next stage of your challenging journey towards good health.
    Lots of Love Brian and Lynda

    ReplyDelete