Tuesday 24 January 2012

End of 4th Cycle, Next....Stem Cell Transplant

Tomorrow is my last treatment of my 4th Cycle. I must say it has gone quite quick, although thinking of it, Pretoria East Hospital has become like a second home, or perhaps second office, as I spend time working on my laptop making calls etc.. while under treatment. 

I then have about 2 weeks off...and then the biggie!

I start with Stem Cell harvesting on the 6th Feb, So I will be hospitalized for 2 weeks, I'll also be receiving some heavy Chemo in this time, so I guess there goes the hair. After the harvesting process, I'll have 2 weeks off, whereafter I'll check in for another 2-3 Weeks for the transplant. 

The treatment that I have received so far has been very effective, and has brought my cancer levels to normal. My back is recovering very well! I must say I feel very good as far as that is concerned. I've started spinning at gym, although taking it very easy. I see how my budies are all training for Sani2c, to think that was me a year ago! So the challenge is that I'm back on my bike for next years Sani2c, by Gods Grace! Which I firmly believe!

I really appreciate all the support that I have received from everyone, even though in February and March, I'll be in isolation, I really appreciate you support in my absence. I think visitors are limited due to the risk of infection. While in hospital, I will be able to take my laptop, books, etc..I even think I will take my guitar (with ear phones).  The whole process is unfolding, and will know more within the next two weeks or so.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Charl
    Your blog is great, interesting to read the news, though we all pray your complete healing through God. Great to see you enjoyed your holiday. All the best in the next few weeks, may you be comforted, strengthened and His peace be with you.
    Leon
    PS See you too at Jesus Culture, we got some tickets

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leon! I really trust the Lord for Healing! Look forward to the Jesus Culture concert!

    ReplyDelete