Monday 16 January 2012

4th Cycle and then Stem Cell Transplant Coming Up

Today I started my 4th Cycle of treatment, after enjoying 10 days off, being at Hermanus, catching some sand and sun, an amazing holiday. The dining was fantastic, so many restaurants, with great food! We flew to the cape and flew back this morning, went home, un packed and then to hospital to start treatment.

We also met with Mr T, who confirmed being very pleased with my results and progress, my kappa and lambda levels are 12 and 7 respectively, and are apparently in the normal range. The m spike was higher this time being 4, however she believes that it is an interpretation variance, and is not too concerned about this.

We then discussed dates for all the Stem Cell transplants. Harvesting - I start with the prep for harvesting on the 7th Feb, which consists of treatment for 2 weeks, and with the actual harvest on the 21st Feb. I'm booked off for this time. I then start with the stem cell transplant on the 6th March, and will be in isolation for 2 weeks, with the balance of the month being booked off, to recover, as this is a sensitive period.

Once the transplant has been done, I would then need to come in for checkups every 3 months.

I really trust the Lord, that though this process I can expect full healing! Through the power of his grace bestowed upon us! I really pray that you will stand with me in this time. Your prayers and support are invaluable to me. Blessings!

1 comment:

  1. Mate, we are with you every step of the way.
    Deon

    ReplyDelete