Wednesday 21 December 2011

Am I still a Virgin Active Member?

I started go to gym for the first time in three months. I wasn't sure if my gym card still worked? 
No problem, still a member. So, I started with some cycling for half and hour, then swam for another half an hour. I used my heart -rate monitor to make sure that I was not over-doing it. 

When I was in hospital for nearly three weeks, my muscles virtually disappeared, especially my quads. on the spinning bike, I could feel my legs working over time. The pool was great, more upper body. By wednesday I was really feeling much stronger, and attended my first spinning class. Was great!
Unfortunately I woke up on monday morning with a slight cold, that seem to get worse. So I've stopped, until I'm better.

I really want to be fit during my treatment, it will help with my sleep and also with treatment. I want to be super fit, by the time I go for a stem-cell replacement, which would be around Feb/March next year. Doc tells me that I will be booked off for 2 weeks for the harvesting, and another 2 for the replacement. I'll have to start wrapping my mind around that one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment