Monday 21 November 2011

Radiation and the Cross

Today was my 5th radiation session. There is something about lying under this huge machine, that shoots particles through you. How can this be good for you?

So every time I go, lying there, I would call out to the Lord, some times I pray, other times I would sing 'show me your glory' (Jesus Culture). When the treatment starts the machine is above you, it then radiates from the top, and then moves under the table and radiates from my back under me. As the machine moved under me, I noticed a small wooden cross that has been placed on the ceiling of the room, right above me. It was as if, in that moment he reminded me of Him, that he was with me, that he did care, he sent his Son.

Oh the cross! That took all of our sin, once and for all! Through the cross, Christ conquered sin and death. The complete work of the cross! That we might have life in Him, our advocate, that pleads for us, before the Father night and day on our behalf.

Lying there seeing the cross above me, reminds me that he is with me, he will never forsake or leave me, even thought I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, he will never leave me or forsake me. Psalm 139 - He new me before I was formed in my mothers womb, He had already already written all the days of my life! How precious and weighty are Your thoughts to me! If I could count them. They would be more in number than the sand!

Thank you Lord for the Cross, Your grace is more than enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment