Friday 7 October 2011

The next round!

The excitement of making it back to the general ward was short lived when I had to start preparing for the next round. The doctors operated from the back, leaving a new fresh cut down the middle of my back. The operation took around 3 hours and was successful. After the operation I was admitted to high care, and felt a lot better than the first operation. Although, this was sore! It was a back operation pain was uncomfortable. This would be the pain I would struggle with for the next couple of weeks.

While is high care, I was able to watch the rugby, and watch the Bokke loose against  Oz! High care had a nice view, so I could see outside and at least see what the weather was doing. Once again, I had so many visitors, really appreciate it!

From high care back general ward, and slowly I could start being unplugged from the matrix, great feeling, being wireless!

The next challenge was to start walking, it seemed harder this time. I could only stand for a couple of minutes and then sit down, then walk around the bed, double pain, double wounds, and very weak....not nice. Eventually I was able to walk around the ward, and also up and down stairs. the quicker I get this right, the quicker I can go home!

No comments:

Post a Comment